Christmas without You

Christmas is the merriest time of the year. Since I was a kid I always look forward on the celebration not only because I will receive gifts, but the thought of celebrating the birth of Christ with my family makes me happy.

The first few years of my Christmas has been the merriest. As time goes by everything changed. There was a sudden drift of the once so happy family. My parents decided to go on separate ways; My brother and I stayed with mom. I can still remember sleeping on Christmas eve and crying discreetly so my mom can't hear me, listening to the loud firecrackers and fireworks of the neighbors. During that time, receiving gifts was no longer a big deal because my only wish was to spend it with a complete family.

The separation of my parents totally changed me. It made me very sensitive in dealing with things and made me strong through the years. The journey to life is not always a bed of roses; one should expect storms along the way. Now, I am all grown-up and is looking forward to build my own family. I am so blessed to have found you in this journey; we may not be spending Christmas together this time, but still everyday is Christmas because you make me feel merry. Thank you for all the patience, love and all there is that you have given me and is giving me in this relationship babe. I love you mwaaaahhhhhh

Comments