My Superman's Journey

I am currently 42. After graduation from high school I was trained in the military as an electronics technician and took some courses in electronics engineering at a tech college after getting out of the service, but did not pursue a career in this field. I was married at the age of 21 and my new wife and I had two children shortly after getting married. The arrival of the first child motivated me to go out into the work force at the time to support my family as opposed to getting an education. I was able to find work as a salesman in the financial services industry and did quite well for 3 years.

My wife and I divorced after 6 years of marriage while living in Seattle and I was awarded full custody of the 2 children after she left the state to re-marry. I managed to save some money before we were divorced and I started several successful small businesses over the years from auto body repair business, an air conditioning business, a few other service companies, and day trading stocks and futures for several years to make extra income.

Most recently for the past 7 years I owned my own mortgage company as a licensed mortgage broker and later getting my real estate license to work on larger commercial real estate deals. I took a large financial hit when the economy was rocked by the financial debacle in 2008 and lost most of my assets as well as a woman I had been seeing for 3 years prior. These events led me to do some deep soul searching. I became very involved in meditation, reading, and growing spiritually and took much time off and did some extensive traveling in Southeast Asia. My time in Asia really opened up my perspectives on various lifestyles in the world and this experience sparked my interest in becoming a Holistic healer of myself and taking this experience to heal others using spiritual and psychological approaches as well as utilizing whole foods, herbs, massage, acupuncture, and other modalities. When I returned to the states I meditated for a long time to find the steps to take on how to approach a career in Holistic Medicine and decided it was time to get a formal education. With a limited budget to work with logic brought me to the local community college to begin my studies with an associate’s degree in applied science (massage therapy) as a beginning on a future path to possibly becoming a Naturopathic Doctor, Ayurveda, or TCM practitioner.

Comments