A confidant

My peers often talks to me about matters of the heart and life in general. It is such a nice feeling to know how my opinion matters to them. It is not about the experience that made me capable of giving advice,  but it is a matter of understanding what the person is going through that opened their hearts to me. I always believe, every person have a story to tell. You can't judge one by merely looking at them,  assessing them from how they dress,  talk and react. You have to keep an open mind and let them know the two sides of the story. There is no right or wrong turn,  only unlikely situations.

Some people say,  I am too good to be a confidant or an adviser though I myself have imperfections. I only laugh about it and let them know the secret is "contentment". I may be imperfect; I am human and everyday is a struggle. I always bear in mind that simple pleasures are for free, there's no equal to the happiness of being with my loved ones.

Comments