Contentment

I often talk about how I enjoy simple pleasures in life. Yes, because nothing compares to the joy of being with the people you love. Simplicity is extremely important for happiness, having enough of the basic things you need like food, clothing and shelter. Satisfaction is contentment. 

When I was little, my parents made sure they can provide the things me and my brother needs. They don't want us to be left out by children our age. I can still remember what my father often say "you are luckier than other kids..." . As time goes by, I realized everything was not enough to mold me as a person. Something is still missing. Material possession is not the key to ultimate happiness. In some ways, it may satisfy you, but in the end you will be left miserable.

I felt everything have fallen apart when my dad decided to leave us for another woman. My father was the perfect example of a dissatisfied person. I witnessed the struggle of my mom. I knew my father loved my mom, but he chose to be with someone to satisfy his worldly needs. It made me reflect how hard it is to be human. One thing I am sure of.."If you are contented with what you have you can never go wrong." We may wish to get all the things we wanted, we should still keep our values. You can never be happy in spite of what you have if you hurt someone.

Comments