SACS (Saint Alphonsus Catholic School) Day 2011

       Finally, after 15 long years of not being able to attend my alma mater's day. I was able to witness the event again last July 30th, 2011. The event was a long week celebration and it normally starts every 1st of August, but it started early because July 30th was a weekend and so that working parents can attend. All students from elementary  to secondary level had their shot of performance. Witnessing the event brought back a lot of memories both fun and not so good ones : ). I have spent 10 years of my life that I consider one of the biggest factor of who I am today in SACS (Saint Alphonsus Catholic School). I grew up with the benedictine rule's motto "ora et labora" (pray and work). The family values taught in school was the greatest education I've ever learned.
       
          It was quite a sunny day then, but the students care less ; ). The event also served as a time out for students from hours and hours of studying : ). The celebration was a big party time, but a no ordinary party because it showed how their talents are molded. Being able to witness the new generation perform their hearts out brought me joy because up until now my alma mater continues to live with the tradition. Sooo proud to be an Alphonsian!

Comments