Shane Got Talent!

She was still a few months old when I started singing every time I attend to her  if my brother and her mom weren't around. I sang to her the most popular song during that time "forever is not enough" by Sarah Geronimo : ) From then on I noticed she was able to sleep or stop crying  every time she hears the song : ) When she turned a year older we can hear her hum and later she was able to familiarize the beat. I bought her a CD of Sarah G and let her sang through videoke. It was amazing how she was able to deliver the song even if she can't read yet. 

At Age 3, Shane formally joined a barangay contest with her signature song (so bad I wasn't able to catch her early performances because we didn't have any camera or video cam that time). Me, my mom and some of my relatives witnessed her performance. Her mom and dad weren't around because of work. I knew then how she wished her parents were there, but shane gave her best and performed almost like a pro. She has confidence far beyond her years. Shane's effort paid off by winning the 2nd best (not bad for a neophyte). She won over the older contestants because the contest was open to kids between 3-12 years of age. 

She joined a few more contests in her kindergarten years and she won first prize. The most recent one was the contest in our subdivision where she won the grand prize, and just a few days ago she sang in the celebration of her school's "Linggo ng Wika" which she again won the first prize. So proud of this little girl. She like all kinds of music and she dances well too. There are times where she spends more time singing and dancing at home rather than studying her lessons in school. But we never fail to advise her to prioritize her studies for her to succeed in whatever she chose to do in the future. Shane is a bit spoiled because she got all the attention from the family especially from my mom (she grow up with mom coz her parents did not end up together). She's like a younger sister to me though sometimes she acts like the older one : )).

I can see this girl with a very bright future for as long as she will develop her talent and be good in her academics (we are working on it every day though ; ) ). She will be celebrating her 8th birthday come September 14, 2011. So I thought of compiling her videos as a gift to this so loved niece of mine.

Here are some of Shane's videos. Hope you will enjoy it guys and spread the word!



Comments